It’s been a while since I participated in one of these “Blogger Award” thingies so I figured why not do one for old time’s sake. Thanks to Lena K from Yurireviews for nominating me.
- Thank the person who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or your blog
And with that let’s begin.
1: Is there an anime that you’ve never finished, but you still hope to one day?
- Kiddy Grade.
- You’re Under Arrest.
- Mojo Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure.
- PreCure Splash Star, Smile PreCure and Go! Princess PreCure.
- Polar Bear Cafe.
2: Have you ever cried while watching anime? If so, which anime was it?
The easy answer would be to say “any anime adapted from a KEY visual novel or light novel series” so instead I’ll say:
- Kannazuki no Miko
- A Little Snow Fairy Sugar
- Okay, one KEY anime, Angel Beats.
3: Everybody seems to have guilty pleasures, shows they might not want to admit that they like. Do you have one?
This shouldn’t really have a solid answer because everyone knows I love me some ECCHIMANIA anime and those are usually the ones that get labeled as “guilty pleasures”. I guess one I can kind of consider a guilty pleasure is Kampfer. Normally a het-harem like this would get on my nerves but I can’t deny the ladies are all delightful and delicious. Show’s still super dumb but I suppose it’s meant to be dumb.
4: What’s the best song that you’ve heard this year?
So far it’s “Kimi no Egao (Album Version) by Oku Hanako“. I know it’s not a song that came out this year but I heard it for the first time in 2017 so I count it.
5: Do you have a nickname, and if so, how did you get it?
OG-Man is my self-endowed nickname right now and the one I plan on taking to my grave. My parents gave me one but that would reveal my real name. Back to OG-Man. It’s a combination of my initials and “Man” meant to stroke my ego. Saw a show called Robot Boy where one of the characters called himself “The G-Man”. Years later it suddenly popped into my head that I could refer to myself as “The OG-Man”, which I did when I went to college. It stuck ever since though I don’t use it in public much. Don’t have much of a reason to do so.
What does OG-Man stand for: OG are my initials and Man reflects my supreme manliness and rule over all I see before me. Basically my GLORIOUS GREATNESS!
As was pointed out in the comments I did have previous nicknames such as:
- Emperor-G: My first ever online nickname to reflect my supreme ego.
- Overlord-G: My initials are OG and after a couple of years blogging and having established my name online I thought “I could be something far greater than just an emperor. I am an overlord!”
- OG-Bear: I’m a fan of We Bare Bears. For one day only I took the alias of OG-Bear and began tweeting as if I were like Ice Bear: “OG-Bear wants justice”.
Like I said above my current nickname is OG-Man and I am sticking to it.
6: What blogging-related thing are you most proud of?
Spreading the love for all things yuri with everyone who is interested or wishes to learn more about the beauty of animated/drawn/digital lesbian love stories.
7: What are your pet peeves?
- People who type “sigh” when upset.
- People who say “Nobody cares” or “Who cares?” when most of the time there are clearly people who care about what you’re talking about. Just say “I don’t care” and move on.
8: When you’re finished blogging, what do you want to be remembered for?
M passion and commitment to share Yuri love, Girls Club goodness and the magnificence of swimsuits/bikinis with the entire world.
9: If you had a personal theme song that played wherever you go, what would it be?
The tune that plays in the premiere episode of Love Live! when the principal/Kotori’s Mom debuts.
10: What was the last movie you watched? How was it?
Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2. While not as good as the first one it was still hilarious and a lot of fun to watch. Most of the characters got lots of good development, the action scenes were good and the Guardians’ role in the Infinity War was explained. Best characters were Batista as Drax The Destroyer and Pom Klementieff as Mantis.
11: What do people think is weird about you?
What isn’t weird about me? I use my imagination a lot, I have intelligent monologues with myself, I like to pace around while thinking, I like to think out loud, I’m a guy who loves cute things more than The Fast and The Furious movies, I have not watched Fairy Tail or Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood yet (as of this writing) and the list goes on.
I don’t have any questions of my own so instead I’ll share Lena K’s excellent questions. That or try answering some of the questions Lena K got. The homies I pick to participate shall be sent a message.
- Is there an anime that you’ve never finished, but you still hope to one day?
- Have you ever cried while watching anime? If so, which anime was it?
- Everybody seems to have guilty pleasures, shows they might not want to admit that they like. Do you have one?
- What’s the best song that you’ve heard this year?
- Do you have a nickname, and if so, how did you get it?
- What blogging-related thing are you most proud of?
- What are your pet peeves?
- When you’re finished blogging, what do you want to be remembered for?
- If you had a personal theme song that played wherever you go, what would it be?
- What was the last movie you watched? How was it?
- What do people think is weird about you?